Sunday, November 25

First step in demo reel

So my 2nd year at VFS and this time in Animation and 3D modeling. With that here are my first few steps at creating my new demo reel for graduation.
Now:Week 6

Step 1: Getting an idea. 
Easier said then done. With so many ideas out there it was hard enough to find an idea that would be creative enough, push your skills and test you and be interesting to look at. It also had to be unique enough to catch people attention and hold it.
We had to come up with 3 ideas, all my 3 I really liked and hope I can do them one day. Even though one was an animation about an alien .lol
But the idea I came up with was a Steampunk pirate with a pet mechanical parrot and octopus. I wanted the style semi real but with stylized  look to it .Ex: she will have a large head and more slim , defined body line, realistic cartoony. So shall see.

Step 2: Designing that idea.
So this is the fun creative part. Coming up with the whole concept art and design. From character background story(which I still have to do), color design(still have to do) , character concept art, style, mood, environment , details and more.
With that in mind here is my first step at my female pirate. Note: I want her to look more rugged and strong, like she has been in battles and fights. And her clothes will look more worn and tattered and dirty. She will have an awesome sword too and maybe more weapons on her.

I am open for feedback and ideas. But over all for my first attempt at designing her I like it. Her face and body shape most likely will change as well as some tweak of outfit and color.
Now to do her pets.

See ya in a few weeks.


No comments: